Tuesday 17 November 2009

The Player


Why have two players?
As I was developing the app I always had a desire to be listening to music while I was listening to a voice podcast so i would play music in the background, and I found some music podcasts be a bit non-engaging by themselves. So I though I would try out the concept. I think it adds a feel when you are listening to diffrernt podcasts so i kept it.

You don't have to use it and probably I will put a config in in future to enable as its not for everyone - but you dont have to use it if you dont want to. I would like to add more to streamline the process like a voice filter - to make it a bit more manageable.

Some things to remember when using both players are:
  • The background podcast should be all music and the foreground should be mainly voice - it gets a bit confusing it two voices or two musics are playing at once.
  • the music podcasts level generally needs to be quite low as music has signal power over a lot more frequencies. the background player's volume slider is customised to have finer adjustment for the volume at low levels.
  • When the second file streams the UI gets a bit frozen while the file buffers - it can take about 30secs to get back to normal (i am working on it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment